How To Apply for an IELTS Exam
There are 2 ways to apply for the IELTS test. Please click on a link below for step-by-step instructions:
For all forms of registration, the following must be submitted in order to consider your application complete:
- Completed online application
- A clear scan of your passport or PR card
- Complete the online application. Please complete the entire application in CAPITAL LETTERS. Also, please make sure you write your full name, including middle name(s), and double check your address.
- Make a payment online by either credit card or debit card. For in-person payments, only cash is accepted.
- IELTS is very strict about the ID scan, as it is the primary form of ID that is used for the test. Please scan your ID at a high resolution so that we can clearly see the details of your face and information listed below. If your ID scan is not approved, you will not be allowed to sit the test and you will not receive a refund.
The coloured digital copy of your ID document must include the following information:
- ID Document Number
- ID Expiry Date
- Full name
- Date of birth
Please scan & upload a coloured copy of your passport or PR card to your profile within 1 business day so we can approve your application for your test.
- Once your ID has been verified, you will receive your test confirmation email. Applicants should expect approximately 48 hours for processing.
If you do not complete the online application within 48 hours, your application will be rejected and you will need to re-apply.
|Click here to apply.|
How to Apply In-Person
In order to apply in person, come to our office at 515 1st Street SE, Calgary, AB. We are open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 to 4:00.
Applications done in person still require you to sign up online, but we can provide you with a computer if you do not have one readily accessible. You may make your payment online by credit or debit card, or in-person by cash.
The IELTS test has been designed to be a fair test. Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability that you may have. Each special requirements case is considered individually. You will need a medical certificate from within the last two years to support your application for special requirements.
Please contact us at email@example.com to arrange a special accommodation. Please note that Test Centres require up to 3 months to arrange modified test materials.
What sort of help can I get?
If you have a visual impairment,
- enlarged print and Braille test papers
- an amanuensis to write answers
- a Braille word-processor
If you have hearing impairment,
- special amplification equipment
- a lip-reading version of the Listening module
If you have learning impairment, for example dyslexia,
- a word processor
- voice-activated software
- extra time for the Reading and Writing tests
The IELTS whistle-blowing policy is intended to encourage and promote honest and ethical behaviour by providing a framework for test takers and other stakeholders to escalate concerns about actual, suspected or anticipated wrongdoing (malpractice) within the IDP: IELTS Australia.
Under the policy, all employees, contractors and IELTS test takers are able to report instances, or suspected instances, of unethical, improper, unlawful or undesirable conduct without fear of intimidation or reprisal.
This policy applies to all IELTS test takers and to other stakeholders. We act in the best interest of anyone who reports suspected wrongdoing under this policy to protect them from adverse reaction and the public disclosure of their identity.
If you have reasonable grounds for believing that wrongdoing has occurred, or is likely to occur, within the IDP: IELTS Australia, please report it by using the online report form. All staff and IELTS stakeholders are permitted and encouraged to report under this Policy to any IDP IELTS staff members whom they are comfortable approaching either in person or to the contact details below:
Global Village Calgary
200, 515 1 Street SE
Calgary, AB, T2G2G6
IELTS has implemented security procedures that require all candidates to provide a fingerscan and an on-site photograph on test day. This is a mandatory procedure and must be completed by all applicants on test day.
How to Complete your Test Application